One reason I didn't start up again is that I joined twitter. They call it "microblogging", and that's true: it's smaller and easier than actually putting thoughts together over a paragraph. It's well-designed, fun, and rather addictive. God help me if I ever get an iPhone.
Now, as I sit here on my sofa, having tried to sleep but been beaten back by my occasional insomnia demons, I feel it's the right time to start the blog proper again. This is largely because I'm trying to write a book at the moment, and failing miserably. I've got a plot, characters, events, and even an exciting ending, but I can't discipline myself to knuckle down and put the words on the page. The marvellous Richard Herring has for a long time been blogging daily to help with the writing process for his books and live shows, so I suppose there's no harm in imitating the process. Over the summer, I'll try to discipline myself and report on how the book's going. And, of course, I'll write lists of my favourite things and tell you why they're brilliant, for what is a blog but a projection of opinions onto others. It's not like I'm covering an election.
Much love, and follow me on twitter!
No comments:
Post a Comment